Get personalized internship and career search advice from the comfort of home with Career Success Quick Chat!
Please note that we only operate Career Success Quick Chat during the following times:
Monday: 10 to 11 a.m.
Tuesday: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 to 3 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Thursday: 10 to 11 a.m. and 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 10 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m.
Due to the upcoming holidays, there will be some adjustments to quick chat hours. Please observe the changes to our hours on the following days:
Monday, December 23rd: 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 24th: Offices closed, no Quick Chat
Wednesday, December 25th: Offices closed, no Quick Chat
Thursday, December 26th: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Friday, December 27th: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 1st: Offices closed, no Quick Chat
If this is your first time using the Career Success Quick Chat or CarmenZoom, you will need to download Zoom, CarmenZoom’s dedicated chat tool that can only be accessed via the desktop and mobile app.
The fine print:
Before logging in please read through these instructions in their entirety.
The Career Success Quick Chat will not be operated when the University is closed.
- Labor Day: September 2
- Career Fair: September 17
- Offices closed: November 28-29
- Offices closed: December 12
- Offices closed: December 24-25
- Offices closed: January 1
If you have questions outside of these times, you can email us at email@example.com or stop in our office, in Denney 100, during our walk-in hours. If you do send a message to a coach outside of normal hours your question will not be responded to.
This chat is only to be used by students in the College of Arts and Sciences. We will ask for your name.# to verify your identity before we begin the chat. If you are not a student enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences, please contact your career center for assistance. If you are an employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.
This chat is designed to answer short inquiries, such as “How do I select a Career Community?” or “What’s the best way to search for an internship?” If you need more significant assistance, such as help creating or editing a resume, please attend our walk-in hours or schedule an appointment with your Career Coach via Handshake.
We try to serve all students as quickly and efficiently as possible. We ask your patience in the event that a coach is responding to several students at one time. The coach may tell you they will finish advising some students before they get to your query. In very busy times you may be directed to a backup coach to help deal with volume appropriately.
In order to protect your confidential information, there are some topics we cannot discuss using Career Success Quick Chat. They include, but are not limited to:
- Your GPA or Grades
- Identifying Information such as SSN, Driver’s License Number or Credit/Debit Card numbers
- Financial Aid or Loan Information
- Immigration or Visa Status
- Healthcare-related information
Thank you for taking the time to read these guidelines. By using our chat service you agree to follow these policies. If you do not follow any of these policies we reserve the right to remove you from our chat.
We run the Career Success Quick Chat via CarmenZoom’s dedicated chat tool that can only be accessed via the desktop and mobile app, not the browser based version. So, if this is your first time using the Career Success Quick Chat or CarmenZoom, you will need to download Zoom.
- Download “Zoom Client for Meetings” from Zoom.us/download, if you’re on a computer. If you’re using a phone or tablet, download the “Zoom Cloud Meetings” app from the Apple store or Google Play depending on your operating system.
- Once downloaded, you will see the main welcome screen with the option to “Join a Meeting” or “Sign In”. Click on “Sign In.”
- On the following screen select “Sign In with SSO” on the top of the right column.
- On the next page, enter “osu” into the domain box and hit continue.
- You will then be directed to the standard OSU SSO page. Enter in your name.# and password to access Zoom.
- To access the chat feature select “Chat” from the top navigation bar. Then enter in email@example.com into the “Jump To” bar in the top left.
Congratulations, you’re now set to chat with a coach!