Diversity Mini Case Study Competition
Date: Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021
Time: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Host: ASC Career Success
The Career Success Diversity Mini Case Study Competition is an event that brings together teams of top-level, diverse talent from the College of Arts and Sciences to utilize their skills to conduct strategic analysis and offer solutions to a diversity-focused organizational problem. Participants will be provided one week to review the case, develop innovative solutions to the problem, and create a PowerPoint presentation. The teams will present their solutions via PowerPoint on the day of the competition (February 27th). Presentations are analyzed and evaluated by a panel of judges on the overall quality, effectiveness, and feasibility of the case presentation. All ASC majors are welcomed to participate!
If you are interested in this opportunity, you must register by February 14th at midnight. **Please note that you must submit the form below to register for this case competition.
Selected participants and teams will be announced on February 17th. Case competition instructions can be found here.
Why should students participate?
- Students from diverse backgrounds in the College of Arts and Sciences will collaborate and develop intercultural fluency as they work together to present a case study.
- Student participants will apply their liberal arts education to realistic business cases and offer recommendations to solve company and industry issues.
- Students will have networking opportunities with companies who value diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence.
- Provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate their strengths to employers with a hands-on experience. Students will build their analytic and communication skills while gaining perspective about being a professional after graduation.
- This experience is a resume booster that students can speak to during interviews.
This event is not open to University Exploration students.
Please note that if you require any accommodations such as live captioning or interpretation to fully participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made two weeks before the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
Please check Handshake for the most up-to-date event information.
If you have a Disability and rely on a screen reader or the keyboard for access to your computer you will experience difficulty using the Handshake application. As the University works with Handshake to improve accessibility, please contact email@example.com for assistance in navigating and using this application. A member of our team will respond within 2 business days to assist you.
This event is open to all Arts and Sciences Students and will be beneficial to students in all Career Communities:
Career Communities help you discover new career paths, inform you of community-specific networking events, and exciting ways to become career ready! Join as many as you’d like. Log into Handshake, select “Career Interests” from your account drop-down menu, and identify the Career Communities that interest you!
This program contributes to the development of these Readiness Competencies:
- Work Together
- Apply Logic
- Bridge Cultural Differences