Virtual user workshop for new NSF NeXUS Science Facility
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2020 - Friday, July 31, 2020
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Host: Department of Physics
Please join the Department of Physics for a virtual user workshop of the new NSF NeXUS Science Facility to be housed on Ohio State’s campus. Hear from plenary speakers, learn about and help shape the NeXUS facility. This will be a highly interactive event gathering input and feedback from researchers interested in ultrafast XUV and soft x-ray capabilities.
Planned workshop events include:
- An introduction to NeXUS presented by co-directors Dr. Robert Baker and Dr. Louis DiMauro from The Ohio State University.
- An introduction to the NeXUS experimental end stations by their lead designers
- Short presentations by and discussions with attendees about proposed “killer” experiments
- Nominations for the NeXUS user committee
- Katalin Varjú, Scientific Director of ELI-ALPSk
- Stephen Leone, UC Berkeley
- Karl Krushelnick, Director of ZEUS Michigan Mid-scale Facility
To register and for more information please visit this webpage.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this webinar, please contact Jessica Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-292-2670. Requests made by July 21 will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
Unable to join the event live? No worries, register anyway. All registrants will receive a recording of the webinar and additional resources following the event.