At the Welcome Address at the start of autumn semester, Executive Dean Manderscheid shared an update on the development of the college’s strategic roadmap. As part of this roadmap, our vision — our destination — is to be the best College of Arts and Sciences in the country; the leader in teaching and learning, research and creative activity, and outreach and engagement.
The intent of our planning process is to expand the roadmap into a robust strategic plan to chart our path forward as the leading College of Arts and Sciences, a powerful champion for liberal arts education — on campus and beyond.
Going forward, we will focus on two elements of strategic planning:
- clarifying our current state by examining our greatest strengths and challenges
- defining direction and goal setting
Develop a Plan that …
- Addresses challenges and aspirational goals
- Helps differentiate ASC/OSU on a broad playing field
- Supports far-reaching planning and day-to-day decision-making
- Is flexible enough to address needs and shifts in our environment
- Provides definition to demonstrate successes and accomplishments
- Promotes collaboration and transparency
Aligned with the University's Planning Process
University planning will align with President Drake’s 2020 vision, which is broadly focused on access, affordability and excellence; community engagement; and, diversity and inclusion.
The timeline for the development of the college strategic plan will closely follow the university’s planning process.
Phase 1: January – March
- Survey, Focus Groups
Phase 2: April – May
- Town Hall Meeting/sharing internal findings report
Insights Overview Report
Q&A Forum Notes
- Plan development
- Conversations with key stakeholders
Phase 3: June – August
- Plan alignment with university strategic plan and finalization
- Rollout with Annual Welcome Address, Aug. 31 at 1:30 p.m. at the Ohio Union in the U.S. Bank Conference Theatre
If you have any questions, please contact Libby Eckhardt, Chief Communications Officer and strategic planning lead.