The College of Arts and Sciences' Research Services office administers internal grants and fellowships and helps faculty find collaborators and external funding opportunities. The office also serves as a faculty and departmental point of contact for assistance with technology and commercialization, cost-sharing, research compliance, and serves as a liaison with other college- and university-level resources.
It is a central hub of support, a staff of 10 grant specialists who work throughout the college, assisting faculty and researchers with pre- and post-award and with easing administrative burden. The Research Services team collaborates closely with the Office of Sponsored Projects, the Office of Research and other Colleges and offices throughout the research enterprise. The team delivers trainings on best practices and works to maintain a record of excellence in compliance.
- Build budgets and initiate submissions
- Assist with limited submissions
- ePA005 submissions and approvals
- annual and final reporting
- budget projections
- effort planning
- consultant and subaward setup and payments
- Creating customized funding searches
- F&A waiver approvals
- Cost share approvals
- Effort certification
- Controlled substance audit and planning