Make an advising appointment
In response to the ongoing health concerns across the city and state, advisors in the College of Arts and Sciences will continue with virtual and phone appointments as the preferred mode for academic advising. However, advisors will accommodate special requests for in-person appointments for those who need such meetings.
The best way to make an advising appointment is online at go.osu.edu/oncourse. If online scheduling is not available for you or your major, please follow any major department-specific instructions you have received from your advisor in order to schedule a phone or virtual appointment.
If you are unable to make an appointment online, please call 614-292-6961 or email email@example.com. When emailing or leaving a voicemail, please be sure to indicate the purpose of the appointment and the best phone number and/or email address at which to reach you. Email and voicemail messages are monitored 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding university holidays.
Thank you for your patience as we respond to the current challenges.
About your advisor
Your advisor will help you with course scheduling, degree planning, and other concerns related to major and GE requirements.
Your advisor is assigned to you based on your major. View the list of majors for specific contact information and how to make an appointment.
You can also check 'My Buckeye Link' on Buckeye Link to find your advisor.
You can do the following without an appointment:
- Learn how to apply to graduate.
- Print your advising report.
- Print your Degree Audit Report (DAR).
- Obtain financial aid information by calling 614-292-0300.
- Download a Course Enrollment Form [pdf] (when you need permission to schedule a course).
- Find out about financial holds on your record by contacting the Bursar's Office. You won't be able to schedule courses if you have a hold on your account.
- Update your record so you can enroll in courses by calling 614-292-6961.
- Check your registration window by going to BuckeyeLink and attempting to schedule for classes.
- Download an updated curriculum sheet.
The following situations require an appointment:
- Applying to graduate
- Concerns about graduating
- Prospective students
- Reviewing your general education requirements
- Planning your schedule for the next term
- Creating a degree plan/projection
- Changing or adding a new major
- Reviewing transfer credit
- Advising on pre-professional programs (pre-education/pre-health/pre-law)
- Applying to the Capital Program
- Adding/dropping classes
- Petitioning to substitute a required course for something else
- Returning for a second degree
- Petitioning for reinstatement after dismissal
- ROTC degree plans/projections
- Probation or academic warning
- Other personal situations
The best way to make an advising appointment is online at go.osu.edu/oncourse. If online scheduling is not available for you or your major, please follow any major department-specific instructions you have received from your advisor in order to schedule an appointment.
If you are Arts and Sciences Undecided or have any questions, call 614-292-6961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Please read the following guidelines:
- Advisors book up quickly during certain periods of the term. Plan to schedule an appointment a week or two in advance.
- At the time of your appointment, be sure to check in at the office where your advisor is located. Your appointment confirmation e-mail message should contain that information.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, the advisor may not be able to help you with all of your questions. Typically, advisors have back-to-back appointments, and we want to respect everyone’s time.
- If you know you cannot make it to an appointment, call as soon as possible to cancel.
- It is sometimes possible for an advisor to see you on the same day if you have a pressing concern or an emergency matter. While we cannot guarantee same-day appointments, we will do our best.
Your advisor is assigned to you based on your major. Check your Student Center on BuckeyeLink to find your assigned advisor.
If you are interested in enrolling as an undergraduate student at Ohio State, you should contact the Admissions Office to request application forms and application instructions for both admission and financial aid.
Prior to transferring to Ohio State, students may have questions about how their credits will be applied to a particular program. If you have interest in a program in the Arts and Sciences, we can provide you with more information on the transfer process.
Refer to majors pages to contact the department you are interested, call 614-292-6961, or email email@example.com if you are not sure what department to contact.
If you are considering changing your major, it is best to see an advisor as soon as possible. Access the list of majors with links to contact information for each department.
Admission requirements, procedures and deadlines for international applicants differ from domestic applicants. International applicants should request an International Application Packet from the International Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Information provided in the International Application Packet supersedes the information on this website. Please visit the International Undergraduate Admissions Office website for your queries.
Schedule an advising appointment online. You can also call our office at 614-292-6961 for an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Most advising matters, other than quick questions, require an appointment.