In response to the ongoing health concerns across the city and state, advisors in the College of Arts and Sciences will continue with virtual and phone appointments as the preferred mode for academic advising. However, advisors will accommodate special requests for in-person appointments for those who need such meetings. 

The best way to make an advising appointment is online at If online scheduling is not available for you or your major, please follow any major department-specific instructions you have received from your advisor in order to schedule a phone or virtual appointment.

If you are unable to make an appointment online, please call 614-292-6961 or email When emailing or leaving a voicemail, please be sure to indicate the purpose of the appointment and the best phone number and/or email address at which to reach you. Email and voicemail messages are monitored 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding university holidays.

Thank you for your patience as we respond to the current challenges.

Your advisor will help you with course scheduling, degree planning, and other concerns related to major and GE requirements.

Your advisor is assigned to you based on your major. View the list of majors for specific contact information and how to make an appointment.
List of Majors

You can also check 'My Buckeye Link' on Buckeye Link to find your advisor.
Buckeye Link

Can you DIY or do you need an appointment?

You can do the following without an appointment:

  • Learn how to apply to graduate.
  • Print your advising report.
  • Print your Degree Audit Report (DAR).
  • Obtain financial aid information by calling (614) 292-0300.
  • Download a Course Enrollment Form [pdf] (when you need permission to schedule a course).
  • Find out about financial holds on your record by contacting the Bursar's Office. You won't be able to schedule courses if you have a hold on your account.
  • Update your record so you can enroll in courses by calling (614) 292-6961.
  • Check your registration window by going to BuckeyeLink and attempting to schedule for classes.
  • Download an updated curriculum sheet.

The following situations require an appointment:

  • Applying to graduate
  • Concerns about graduating
  • Prospective students
  • Reviewing your general education requirements
  • Planning your schedule for the next term
  • Creating a degree plan/projection
  • Changing or adding a new major
  • Reviewing transfer credit
  • Advising on pre-professional programs (pre-education/pre-health/pre-law)
  • Applying to the Capital Program
  • Adding/dropping classes
  • Substituting a required course for something else
  • Returning for a second degree
  • Petitioning for reinstatement after dismissal
  • ROTC degree plans/projections
  • Probation or academic warning
  • Other personal situations

[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact

How to Schedule an Appointment

Go to the Majors page and find your major to select ‘Schedule an Appointment’.

If you are Arts and Sciences Undecided call (614) 292-6961 or email to make an appointment.

Please read the following guidelines:

  • Advisors book up quickly during certain periods of the term. Plan to schedule an appointment a week or two in advance.
  • At the time of your appointment, be sure to check in at the office where your advisor is located. Your appointment confirmation e-mail message should contain that information.
  • If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, the advisor may not be able to help you with all of your questions. Typically, advisors have back-to-back appointments, and we want to respect everyone’s time.
  • If you know you cannot make it to an appointment, call as soon as possible to cancel
  • It is sometimes possible for an advisor to see you on the same day if you have a pressing concern or an emergency matter. While we cannot guarantee same-day appointments, we will do our best.

Contact an Advisor

Your advisor is assigned to you based on your major. See a list of advisors on our majors pages or check your Student Center on BuckeyeLink to find your assigned advisor.

Are you interested in attending Ohio State?

If you are interested in enrolling as an undergraduate student at Ohio State, you should contact the Admissions Office to request application forms and application instructions for both admission and financial aid.

Are you transferring to Ohio State?

Prior to transferring to Ohio State, students may have questions about how their credits will be applied to a particular program. If you have interest in a program in the Arts and Sciences, we can provide you with more information on the transfer process.

Refer to majors pages to contact the department you are interested, call 614-292-6961, or email if you are not sure what department to contact.

Changing Majors?

If you are considering changing your major, it is best to see an advisor as soon as possible. Access the list of ASC majors with links to contact information for each department.

Are you an international applicant?

Admission requirements, procedures, and deadlines for international applicants differ from domestic applicants. International applicants should request an International Application Packet from the International Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Information provided in the International Application Packet supersedes the information on this web site. Please visit the International Undergraduate Admissions Office web site for your queries.

Are you a current or returning student?

Schedule an advising appointment. Call our phone center at (614) 292-6961 (option 3) for an advising appointment or email Most advising matters, other than quick questions, require an appointment.