Each year the College of Arts and Sciences awards approximately 1 million dollars in scholarships to undergraduate students who are pursuing a major in the arts and sciences and are currently enrolled on the Columbus campus. These scholarship opportunities are competitive. They include merit and need-based scholarships, scholarships that support research and creative activity, and scholarships that support education abroad. More information on these funding opportunities is provided below. Information on additional resources may be found at the bottom of this page.
Merit & Need-Based Scholarships
Research and Creative Activity Funding
Undergraduate students are encouraged to explore research and creative activities and the College of Arts and Sciences offers funding to help address related costs. In addition to the funds listed here, students are encouraged to contact their major department(s) and the Undergraduate Research Office for information on other sources of funding.
Education Abroad Funding
The College of Arts and Sciences offers scholarships for undergraduate arts and sciences majors who are participating in an Ohio State-approved education abroad program. Students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Affairs for information on other sources of funding to support an Ohio State-approved education abroad program.
Funding for supports underrepresented student populations as specified by the individual scholarships.
- Departmental Funding – some departments offer funding for currently enrolled students
- Student Financial Aid - financial aid and Special Scholarships application
- Office of International Affairs - funding your education abroad
- Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry - funding for undergraduate research
- Undergraduate Fellowship Office - national scholarships and fellowships