Your Summer. Your Success.
Date: Monday, June 22, 2020 - Friday, July 17, 2020
Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Host: ASC Career Success
It's your summer. Don't let it slip by you.
With COVID-19, a downward job market, and national protests denouncing systemic racism, recent graduates have faced a number of major challenges in a very short amount of time. In response to the quickly changing professional landscape, Career Success is excited to announce a virtual series on grit, career advancement and connections named: Your Summer. Your Success. Participants will engage in skill building activities and connect with employers who are actively hiring. Sessions in this series are only one hour and generally take place during lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In addition, preparation panels and career advancement sessions will also address competencies that employers seek in new talent, specifically teamwork and leadership.
MORE session info being added regularly!
June 22: June 23: 11 a.m. Cintas Info Session 12 p.m. City Year Info Session 12 p.m. Career Success: Beyond COVID-19 12 p.m. JPMorgan Chase Info Session 1 p.m. US Census Bureau Info Session 1 p.m. Sherwin-Williams Info Session June 25: 11 a.m. Positive Behavior Consulting 11 a.m. Career Success: Work in Sports 11 a.m. Xellia Pharmaceuticals 11:30 a.m. Xavier Accelerated Nursing Program Info Session 12 p.m. Recreation Unlimited 1 p.m. Southern Teachers June 30: 11 a.m. Columbus Parks and Recreation Info Session 11 a.m. Syneos Health Self Branding Workshop 11:30 a.m. Xavier Accelerated Nursing Program Info Session 12 p.m. Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center 1 p.m. Career Success: Let's Talk about Jobs 1 p.m. Alvis 180 Information Session July 1:
- 11 a.m. US Census Bureau Info Session
- 11 a.m. CANCELED:
Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- 11 a.m. Public Allies Job Info Session
- 12 p.m. Alvis 180 Info Session
- 1 p.m. Career Coaches Panel: Your Career Questions Answered!
- 1 p.m. 84.51 Info Session
- 1 p.m. National Air and Space Intelligence Center or NASIC Info Session
- 11 a.m. Career Success: The Many Forms of Teamwork & Leadership
- 11 a.m. Rural Action Info Session
- 11 a.m. Medpace
- 12 p.m. Portfolio Creative Info session
- 1 p.m. TTI Group Info Session
- 11 a.m. Summer Success: Virtual Family Feud
- 11 a.m. "I Am Boundless" Info Session
- 11 a.m. Nestle's Quality Assurance Center in Dublin, OH
- 12 p.m. Godman Guild Information Session
- 12 p.m. Syneos Health Info Session
- 1 p.m. Alvis 180 Information Session
- 11 a.m. Columbus Parks and Recreation Info Session
- 11 a.m. Grange Insurance Info Session
- 12 p.m. Positive Behavior Consulting
- 12 p.m. Chick-fil-A Info Session
- 1 p.m. KIPP Columbus
- 1 p.m. Hyland Internship & Entry-Level Panel Discussion
- 2 p.m. My Ohio State Journey and Surprise Life After Graduation
- 3 p.m. Veeva Systems Info Session
Sessions are still being added! Please check back!
Please register for sessions on Handshake.
If you have a Disability and rely on a screen reader or the keyboard for access to your computer you will experience difficulty using this application. As the University works with Handshake to improve accessibility, please contact email@example.com for assistance in navigating and using this application. A member of our team will respond within 2 business days to assist you.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact the College of Arts and Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made two weeks before the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
This event is open to all Arts and Sciences students and recent graduates and will be particularly beneficial to those in all Career Communities:
Career Communities help you discover new career paths, inform you of community-specific networking events, and exciting ways to become career ready! Join as many as you’d like. Log into Handshake, select “Career Interests” from your account drop-down menu, and identify the Career Communities that interest you!
This program contributes to the development of these Career Readiness Competencies:
- Oral and Written Communication
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Professionalism and Productivity
- Digital Technology
- Global/Intercultural Fluency
- Career Management
- Active Citizenship and Community Engagement