Program for Advancing Scholarship and Service (PASS)
PASS is a selective first-year academic learning community for Arts and Sciences students who have a shared interest in the academic, cultural, career, and community benefits of diversity.
PASS uniquely links you with your academic advisor, faculty, community, and peers in ways that ensure your academic success and engagement. PASS offers you all the benefits of a small college experience — personalized guidance and support — with the kinds of great opportunities available only at a large university.
Benefits of PASS
- Priority scheduling. Schedule classes before many other freshmen.
- Academic trips locally, nationally and abroad. Travel to places like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and London.
- Competitive application. Join other great scholars in an exclusive organization.
- Specialized introductory course. An enhanced University Survey course will help plan a successful Ohio State experience.
- Peer leaders. Meet scholars who serve as positive peer role models.
- Community building. Connect with other students who share similar interests.
- Scholars teams. Work as a team to accomplish goals.
- Career development. Meet with ASC Career Services to write your resume and learn how to market yourself online.
There is more information in the PASS brochure.